Spring maintenance is more than cleaning out closets, washing windows and planting flowers. The warmer months are also the perfect time to take stock of the condition of your home following the cold and snow of winter. Home maintenance and repair is essential to preserving your home’s value and avoiding costly major repairs.
Here are five things you can do this spring to maintain and improve your home:
- Repair or replace windows – Damaged and drafty windows not only make a room uncomfortable but are also a drain on your heating bill.
- Repair or replace roofs, gutters and downspouts – Roofing and gutters are fundamental to the integrity of your home’s structure and can have a significant impact on its energy efficiency.
- Paint – A fresh coat of paint on the interior and exterior surfaces of your home will not only protect the home from the damage from inclement weather, it is one of the best ways to boost curb appeal.
- Remodel kitchen and bathroom – Renovations to kitchens and bathrooms are two of the best investments you can make in your house from a resale standpoint.
- Insulation – Insulation goes beyond maintaining energy efficiency in your home, it also reduces outside noise and moisture that can cause major damage.